Join Chrissie in a workshop that will integrate the philosophies of Ayurveda and Yoga, tailored to the season of Spring.
Ayurveda in Sanscript means “knowledge or science for life.” This philosophy revolves around the five elements and the concept of the three doshas: Vata-air, Pitta-fire and Kapha-water.
We all have a dominant dosha(s) and when it is aggravated it can cause disease in the body and the mind.
Through an understanding of our dosha(s) we gain valuable knowledge to help lead a more healthy and harmonious life.
In this workshop you will:
- gain an understanding of the basic principles of the Ayurvedic dosha
- identify your dosha or dosha combination
- be guided through a tridoshic sequence to balance the doshas
- learn how the seasons affect your dosha
- improve your yoga practice by learning which postures work best with your dosha
Dress: to move and sit, layers recommended
Bring: a notepad and pen
DATE: Saturday, 6 September 2012
TIME: 4pm – 6:00pm
INVESTMENT: $30 on or before 5th September, $40 on the day
Chrissie’s yoga style is dynamic hatha vinyasa inspired but she has also been trained in Quantum Yoga, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Iyengar, and Zen Qi. She began her studies in Aryuveda in India and is now completing a Bachelor of Health Science in Naturopathy.